- Not a 'symbolic' adoption like all the others
- as seen on BBC TV and Animal Planet
- We are the ONLY genuine penguin adoption giving you your own penguin
- No 'symbolic' adoptions here - you adopt your very own penguin.
Your payment helps to save wild penguins. Click "Adopt a Penguin" to make your purchase
CLICK HERE TO VIEW "EXPLORE: PATAGONIA TO THE PAMPAS" (BBC2, 25th January 2009)
In January 2009, BBC2's TV series EXPLORE featured our work to halt the starvation of penguins in the Falkland Islands. The programme shows Mike Bingham working with penguins in Argentina, and at home discussing the starvation of Falklands penguins, and the circumstances surrounding his Supreme Court victory against the Falklands government for Human Rights Abuse. (www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hcgtq)
INFORMATION & EDUCATION
Education is an important part of our work, and you will find details of our wildlife research on this web site. We also have three picture galleries:
Picture Gallery 1 features PENGUINS of SOUTH AMERICA
Picture Gallery 2 features SEALS & SEALIONS.
Picture Gallery 3 is our GUIDE to FALKLANDS BIRDS.
Our PENGUIN RESEARCH page presents detailed scientific reports on our penguin research, and you will find issues relating to Falklands wildlife discussed in our NEWSLETTER.
The Organization for the Conservation of Penguins has received international acclaim for its work to save penguins. Our campaign to protect Falklands penguins from over-fishing and oil pollution brought us into conflict with government officials, who attempted to stop our work through bribery, harassment, false arrests, and threats of imprisonment and deportation. This led to an historic court battle in which the Falkland Islands Government were found guilty of human rights abuse in the Supreme Court (Read about our Supreme Court victory).
You can read press reports of our work to save Falklands penguins, and the campaign of harassment against us, in newspaper articles published in The Daily Post, The Sunday Independent, The Observer, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, The Mail on Sunday, Index on Censorship and Birdwatch Magazine. Our work also featured on TV in the BBC2 series Explore: Patagonia to the Pampas (www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hcgtq), in a series of three documentaries shown on Discovery Channel's Animal Planet (PARAMOUNT PICTURES) and on Germany's Mare TV (Mare TV - Feb 2006). Mike Bingham has also been added to the International Who's Who of Professionals in recognistion of his work to save Falklands penguins.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
There are four ways you can help support our work to save penguins.
1. Make a Donation by Credit Card or
2. Support our work through our ADOPT-A-PENGUIN programme.
3. Purchase our book Penguins of the Falkland Islands and South America for immediate download at $3.95, or for delivery as a paperback at $10.95.
4. Purchase our book The FALKLANDS REGIME, which accounts Bingham's heroic struggle to protect penguins in the Falklands, despite government harrassment and death threats, which led to Bingham's historic Supreme Court victory for Human Rights Abuse. (Paperback $18.75, ISBN: 1420813757).
Clicke here to see our work on BBC TV (BBC2, 25th January 2009)